Friday, January 18, 2008

Concert Schedule Heating Up

January 24th - - Hemlock Tavern - The instrumental duo impressed the crowd at the Thread Production showcase at Bottom of the Hill back in July. Plus the reference to one of my favorite movies gets bonus points. If you don't know it, watch the video.

January 25th - - opening for the Donna's at Aaron Axelsen's new Popscene establishment. Get there early to see them... The lead singer has a very Karen O + Pat Benetar rock'n'roll hotness to her.

January 26th - - Mezzanine - I saw her open for Hot Chip at the Fillmore earlier this year. It was on my wishlist of artists to see in 2008. Very bizarre, Very eccentric... If that's OK with you, then you will think she is awesome. I'm not making this shit up..
"Neo-vaudevillian kaleidoscope of a record, its vigorous and defiant, littered with off kilter touches" - WIRE June 2006
"I´m getting a record that is super fucking weird but also satisfyingly mind-blowing." - VICE magazine July 2006

January 27th - - Hemlock Tavern:
The Ian Fays were supposed to play on my birthday at the Hemlock, but the show was cancelled. Fortunately, I gave their tunes a listen and was immediately hooked to their casio-tone indie rock.

January 31st - - Popscene - I seem to have missed a handful of their shows since I saw them open for The Shout Out Louds. The talented young band from NYC has been compared to the sounds of Paul Simon and David Byrne.

No comments:

Post a Comment