Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Great Date With Kate In Another State: Was it Fate?

My business travels recently put me on the east coast for a week and though I was never in one place for more than 48 hours, I was able to squeeze in some live music while in New York City. Admittedly, I've not been to a concert in NYC since 1992 and the Bowery Ballroom was high on my list of places to see music before I die. So, when I checked into my hotel, I immediately went to the Bowery Ballroom's website to see if anyone was playing. Success! The much-hyped Kate Nash playing that very evening. Sold Out. Bummer. I went on craigslist to see if anyone would sell tickets at a reasonable price, but most of the listings were $50 and up. As luck would have it, one kind poster noted that Ticketmaster just released more tickets. Huzzah.

The Bowery Ballroom was packed and the room was buzzing as Kate Nash made her first appearance of three US dates. She gingerly sat on her bench and then her little fingers started dancing furiously across the keys. The New York crowd, much like a San Francisco crowd, just watched in judgement. As the notes to first song ended, the applause, the whistles, and the bellows of undying love laid the foundation of a fun night.

For a great review of the show, read the post by the .

No comments:

Post a Comment