Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Phoenix - Lisztomania 80's Video Mash-up

Here's a gem I found from fellow blogger, who says:

I can't believe I never saw this until today. Oddly enough, whenever I've listened to "Lisztomania" I can't help but find myself pulling out some of the same moves. The homemade YouTube video features classic dance scenes from 80's brat-pack movies mashed together such as The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Footloose, and Mannequin. Phoenix has even admitted they prefer this version to their own official video, calling it "our best video".


The new Phoenix album is getting heavy rotation on my iPod these days and will surely make my top 10 list for 2009. If you live in San Francisco, you can catch them on June 27 at the Regency. Amazing Baby will be opening for them and it is a show that should not be missed... unless you are out of town that weekend, like I am. Boo. At least i have the video to enjoy.






Back to Home Page: Top Stories

Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment