Saturday, September 26, 2009

Portugal. The Man + Drug Rug rock my face in two venues

It's been a busy and exciting week for me. The concert schedule is heating up and my new job at blip.tv is keeping me incredibly busy. I always make time for music, though, especially when it is Portugal. The Man. This band has been melting my face for two years, and I'm really excited that they are drawing such amazing crowds. Last year, they made it to the top of the 'Best Concert of 2008' list with the help of opener Foxy Shazam.

Though it is hard to keep raising the bar, they may be able to defend that title again this year, this time with the help their tour support, Drug Rug. Drug Rug is pretty straightforward rock'n'roll with exceptional stage presence and great chemistry. I had the good fortune of being able to see them in San Francisco @ the Independent on Wednesday and in Los Angeles at the Troubadour on Friday night. Here are some videos:

Drug Rug @ Troubadour




Portugal. The Man @ Troubadour

They opened with Colours


People Say


Church Mouth


encore


Back to Home Page: Top Stories

Share on Facebook

1 comment: