Friday, July 11, 2008

One Two Three Four!

One, Two, Three, Four! I heard this cadence many times last night. And this is what it represents:

One - One Great night
Two - Two Venues. Two great friends.
Three - Three delicious beverages (at each venue)
Four - Four wonderful bands!

It was my first time going to the EchoPlex (below the Echo) and its a decent size venue (similar layout to the Independent in SF, possibly a bit bigger.) If you are ever going to a show here on a Thursday night, make note of the EARLY doors @ 7:30. Show started at 8pm with Castledor:


Tilly and The Wall followed shortly thereafter. The show was as energetic as I expected, but every song was played about 15% slower than you'd be used to hearing. Still extraordinary. I think I want to make babies with the tap-dancing Tilly.


We were out of The Echoplex by 10:15pm! So, we attempted to wait for another cab. This is an exercise in futility in LA. A bus came by, and we hopped it. $2.50 bus fare, took us about half-a-mile to Silver Lake Blvd. at which point I decided it would be a good idea to jog the rest of the way to Spaceland. I made it without dying, although I was excessively sweaty. As we walked in, we were greeted by a few members of The Builders and The Butchers who remembered me from their last performance. They hadn't yet performed, so it was perfect timing!


Finally, thanks to the diligent photo-taking of yours-truly, I was able to document that I saw Port O'Brien... and I'm pretty sure it was fun, though... things were a bit hazy at this stage.

Back to Home Page: More Stories

Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment